For the 157 series tools, Bear and Son simply took the handles from a Super Bear Jaws tool and substituted heavy duty shears for the pliers. On the 157GT Gardener model, a weed cutter tool was added. The result is a heavy duty tool that is well suited for cutting through tough material like stems and vines, making it ideally suited for the ameteur or professional gardener.
- Jaws are heavy duty shears. Much stronger than ordinary scissors.
- Spring loaded.
- A tab locks the jaws closed when not in use.
- Brushed stainless finish.
SUPER BEAR JAWS is stamped into one handle, USA into the other. One side of the tool is stamped with an inch scale, the other side in metric.
Finish is polished stainless.
- Clip point knife blade, with half-serrated edge. Measures 2-1/2" long (65mm)
- Saw blade
- Medium flathead screwdriver
- Weed cutter tool
- Length open = 8" (203mm)
- Length closed = 4-1/2" (114mm)
- Width closed = 1-3/8" (34mm)
- Thickness = 11/16" (18mm)
- Weight = 6.9 oz (196g)
- The Bear Jaws Bird Shears 157SM is almost the same as the Gardner tool. The only difference is the Bird Shears gets a gut hook instead of the weed cutter tool.
- The Remington Bird Hunters Tool has REMINGTON stamped on the handle, and it has a medium screwdriver blade that doubles as a choke tube wrench tool.
- Crescent ToolZall Maintenance Pro says TOOLZALL and MAINTENANCE PRO on the handle, and it gets a file blade instead of the weed cutter.
- Red Devil Painters Multitool has Red Devil logo stamped on one handle, one shear jaw notched, and an array of scraper blades and pry bars.