The Leatherman Flair was the first attempt at an outside the box tool. It has a few tools that no Leatherman before it had and some tools that no Leatherman after it had either. A corkscrew, bottle opener/corkscrew assist, a spreader knife and a cocktail fork. The frame and pliers of the tool along with a few of it's other tools still make this tool feel like all the other Leatherman tools of this time period though. It is a very odd and unique tool that is getting harder to find with each passing year. It is a very high quality tool just as all the tools of that era. It is also the forerunner of the Juice series of Leatherman tools as well.
- Needlenose/Regular Pliers with Wire Cutters and Hard-wire notch.
- Stainless steel.
2. Bottle Opener
3. Can Opener
4. Cocktail Fork
5. 420HC Combo Knife
6. Corkscrew w/ Assist
7. Spreader knife
8. Extra-small Screwdriver
9. Large Screwdriver
10. Medium Screwdriver
11. Needlenose Pliers
12. Phillips Screwdriver
13. Regular Pliers
14. Spring-action Scissors
15. Wire Cutters
16. Hard-wire Cutters
- None of the tools locked and had tool clumping.
- All tools had a highly polished finish.
- Both the corkscrew and the corkscrew assist (both a first for Leatherman) had some sort of different metal plating on them.
- First and only Leatherman to have a cocktail fork and an a spreader knife.
- The black leather sheath that came with the PST is essentially the same leather sheath that also came with the Flair and the Pulse. It is a rectangular sheath with a snap button flap and Leatherman is written in gold lettering on the front that fit the tool perfect. There is also a black nylon pancake type sheath that uses a Velcro closure.
- Length open = 6.22 inches/15.8cm
- Length closed = 4 in | 10 cm
- Width closed = 1 inch/2.54 cm
- Thickness = 5/8" (16mm)
- Weight = 5.5 oz | 155 g
- Stainless steel version
Leatherman tools is very similar to most of the early line. It has the same handles and plier head as the PST and PST II. It is a little brother to the Super Tool and big brother to the Mini-Tool. It has similarities to the Sideclip and also the keychain tool Micra. The Flair is also the forerunner of the entire Juice series.
- Flair owners club. - in the Multitool.org forums
- Flair, Crunch and Relatives pictorial. - in the Multitool.org forums
- Bringing a Canadian Flair back to life. - in the Multitool.org forums
- Lets look at the PST, PSTII, Sideclip, Flair, Pulse, and Rebar. - in the Multitool.org forums
- Flair Review at Multitool.org
- Flair at Leatherman Website