Designed by the fertile mind of the great Blackie Collins, the Shooter's Knife from Hoppe's is somewhat unique in the world of multi-purpose tools. It utilizes Zytel plastic for it's frame and liner lock, and features an array of drivers that fold from the side.
The entire handle of the knife is molded from a single piece of Zytel polymer. Crisp checkering on both sides affords a secure grip. Despite the usual attitude one has towards plastic, the knife has a solid, well-made feel about it.
- plain-edge drop point knife blade, 3" long (78mm)
- 3/32" allen wrench
- 1/8" allen wrench
- 5/32" allen wrench
- medium phillips screwdriver
- medium flathead screwdriver
The Shooter's Knife uses a liner lock to hold the blade open. Surprisingly, this lock is also molded from Zytel, pivoting on a stainless steel pin in the handle channel.
At the far end of the knife, a set of knurled thumb nuts adjusts drag on the folding drivers.
A flat "pancake style" woven nylon sheath was included with the knife. It utilizes a velcro closure.
- Folded length = 4.5" (115mm)
- Unfolded length = 7.5" (195mm)
- Thickness = .63" (16mm)
- Weight = 4.2 oz (117g)
- Original patent - awarded to Blackie Collins for "Folding Knife and Tool Device