Built along the same lines as its bigger brother the ToolClip, the SOG Micro ToolClip S28 offers many of the same features but in a much smaller package. Quality is first rate, as would be expected of a tool with Seki Japan origins.
Being a solid handle design, the moveable jaw is integral with the plier handle.
A plastic hook swivels up to prevent the handle from opening when not in use.
MICRO TOOLCLIP is molded into one face of the plastic. There is a SOG logo molded into the pocket clip.
- Drop point knife blade, with plain edge. Measures 2" long (50mm)
- Sheepsfoot knife blade, with serrated edge. Measures 2" long (50mm)
- Medium screwdriver blade, with file serrations cut into one side
A pivoting hook serves to lock the pliers closed when not in use.
- Length = 4" (97mm)
- Width = 1" (25mm)
- Thickness = 5/8" (17mm)
- Weight = 2.8 oz (80g)
Judging by the relative availability today, it seems apparent that the vast majority were produced in black.
- Micro ToolClip review - at Multitool.org
- Patent D338,386 - for a Combination Hand Tool, filed in 1991
- Micro ToolClip advertisement