The Leatherman Pulse was introduced in 2000 and discontinued in 2004. It along with the Super Tool 200 were the first and only tools in the Leatherman lineup that had a rocker type locking system. It had the same tool loadout as the PST II with the exception that it had a plain edge blade versus the semi-serrated knife blade of the PST II. It also had rolled edge handles which was a major improvement over the bare edge handles of the Leatherman line before it, with the exception of the Wave.
- Needlenose/Regular Pliers with Wire Cutters and Hard-wire notch .
- Rolled stainless steel.
Blades and Tools1. 420HC Blade
2. Ruler (8 in | 19 cm)
3. Bottle Opener
4. Can Opener
5. Diamond-coated File
6. Extra-small Screwdriver
7. Hard-wire Cutters
8. Large Screwdriver
9. Medium Screwdriver
10. Needlenose Pliers
11. Phillips Screwdriver
12. Regular Pliers
13. Spring-action Scissors
14. Wire Cutters
15. Wood/Metal File
- All of the blades lock open.
- Like almost all multitools of this era, the blades tend to clump together when opening.
- All blades are given a high polish.
- A roller lock system included on only it and the Super Tool 200
- Heavy leather, with snap closure. Loop allows vertical carry only.
- Nylon, with velcro closure. Vertical carry only.
- Length open = 6.22 inches/15.8cm
- Length closed = 4 inches/10 cm
- Width closed = 1 inch/2.54 cm
- Thickness = 9/16 inch/1.60 cm
- Weight = 6 oz | 170 g
- The Pulse was produced in stainless steel finish.
- Introduced in 2000. Made in USA. Discontinued in 2004.
- There are a several tools related to the Pulse. First off is the PST and PST II, next is it's big brother the Super Tool 200, the Pulse is sort of a mix of the PST and the PST II. The Blast, Fuse, Kick and the Rebar are also cousins of the Pulse but there is no direct descendant of this tool.
- The Pulse Owner's Club - in the Multitool.org forums-
- Lets look at the PST, PSTII, Sideclip, Flair, Pulse, and Rebar. - in the Multitool.org forums
- The Leatherman Pulse Review at Multitool.org
- Pulse Ad December 2000