The Painter's Multitool was produced for Red Devil in the USA by Bear & Sons Cutlery. As a matter of fact, the tool uses the same handles and shear jaws as Bear's 157SM Bird Shears model. One notable improvement on the Red Devil tool is its notched jaw. As far as we know, this is the only mainstream multitool produced specifically for painters.
Fully open, with shear lock disengaged
- Jaws are heavy duty shears. Much stronger than ordinary scissors.
- Spring loaded.
- A tab locks the jaws closed when not in use.
- Brushed stainless finish.
- One jaw is notched, making it more suitable to cut small sticks and soft wire.
The RED DEVIL logo is stamped into one handle, USA into the other. One side of the tool is stamped with an inch scale, the other side in metric.
Finish is polished stainless.
- Blunt scraper blade, with blunt radiused cutout
- Sharp scraper blade, with sharp radiused cutout
- Pry bar, with nail puller slot
- Can opener
- Medium screwdriver
- Length open = 8" (203mm)
- Length closed = 4-1/2" (114mm)
- Width closed = 1-3/8" (34mm)
- Thickness = 11/16" (18mm)
- Weight = 6.9 oz (196g)
- Bear Jaws Bird Shears 157SM
- Bear Jaws Gardener 157GT
- Crescent ToolZall Maintenance Pro
- Remington Bird Hunters Tool