The Leatherman Rev is a budget friendly entry level tool from Leatherman. It is similar in design and function to the Wingman and the Sidekick. It has a basic set of tools that are similar to the Wingman but the frame is made aesthetically different. It has a decent plier head that is like the one of the Leatherman Leap. This tool was introduced in 2015 and is still being produced.
- Needlenose/regular pliers. Bypass cutter with a hard wire notch.
- Stainless steel with beveled edges designed for comfort. Includes a pocket clip.
Ruler (1.5 in | 3.8 cm)
- All tools have a polished finish
- The outside accessible tools have liner locks but the inside accessible tools do not lock
- Length open = 6 inch/15.3 cm
- Length closed = 3.8 inch/9.7 cm
- Width closed = 1.38 inch/3.5 cm
- Thickness = 0.75 inch/1.9 cm
- Weight = 7 oz | 198.4 g
Sidekick and the Wingman. The Leap is also very similarly built and they also share the same plier head. The handles of the New Wave also have a very similar build and may have been the inspiration for this series. That would also make the Surge and Charge similar. The Wave also has a similar handle type of the Wingman as well.
- Leatherman REV - new tool patented - in the Multitool.org forums
- Leatherman REV Club. - in the Multitool.org forums
- Leatherman REV? - in the Multitool.org forums
- Leatherman Rev/Sidekick/Wingman. - in the Multitool.org forums
- The Rev at Leatherman Website.