Prior to the Tough Grip, the only locking multitools had been the Kershaw Multi-Tool A100 and the Leatherman Crunch. Schrade went about it in a different fashion though, teaming up with the legendary Vise-Grip company in 2002 to bring out an array of three different models. The ST6 was sold under the Schrade banner, while the 5WR Toolbox and 6LC Toolbox were marketed by Vise-Grip.
There is a serrated gripping area and an anvil type wire cutter.
Finish is chrome plated steel.
ST6 is cast into the plier jaw. VISE GRIP is stamped into one handle, the SCHRADE USA logo into the other.
- Can opener
- Partially serrated knife blade, clip point profile. Measures 2-1/2" long. (62mm)
- Large flathead screwdriver, with wire stripper v-notch at the base
- Combination bottle opener/phillips screwdriver
- Saw blade
- Length = 6-3/4" (171mm)
- Width = 1-1/2" (40mm)
- Thickness = 3/4" (18mm)
- Weight = 7.7 oz (220g)
- A small screwdriver was substituted for the can opener
- A sheepsfoot profile knife blade was substituted for the clip point
- All other blades and tools remained the same. See picture at right
- Also see ST6 and ST6H magazine ad
5WR Toolbox and 6LC Toolbox. Click links below