The Squirt E4 came out in 2003 a year later than the Squirt P4 and Squirt S4. I imagine that these tools were designed as the replacement for the Micra. Although they are very nice tools and are modeled after the Juice series type tools they couldn't dethrone the Micra. They did find a niche of there own and after 8 years of production (7 for the E4) were only discontinued because they were replaced with an updated Squirt design in the Squirt PS4 and Squirt ES4.
- The jaws of the E4 are spring loaded electrician wire strippers with different gauges on them.
- Stainless steel frame with aluminum anodized scales on the handles.
Spring-action Wire Strippers (20GA, 18GA, 16GA, 14GA, & 12GA)
Spring-action Needlenose Pliers
- All the tools are polished, the knife blade has a chisel grind. Instead of a 2D Phillips the E4 actually comes with a small 3D Phillips driver.
- The Squirt sheath is more of a sleeve type sheath that come in black and grey.
- Length open = 4 inch/10.2 cm
- Length closed = 2.25 in | 5.75 cm
- Width closed = 0.75 inch/1.9 cm
- Thickness = 0.38 inch/1 cm
- Weight = 2 oz | 57 g
- Introduce in 2003. Made in the USA. Discontinued in 2010.
- The E4 has a few related tools, there is the Squirt P4 and Squirt S4 that both came out at the same time then there are the upgraded replacements for them the Squirt ES4 and the Squirt PS4. The Micra is first keychain tool Leatherman came out with so you can definitely call them related. The Style PS, Style CS and the Style are all similar to the Squirt line as well. They also have a very similar yet smaller handle/frame like the Juice series. The file is very similar to the Mini-Tool and Crunch.
- Squirt P4/S4/E4 owners club - in the Multitool.org forums
- Squirt E4 Review at Multitool.org
- Squirt E4 at Leatherman Website