The Squirt P4 came out in 2002 along with the Squirt S4. I imagine that these tools were designed as the replacement for the Micra. Although they are very nice tools and are modeled after the Juice series type tools they couldn't dethrone the Micra. They did find a niche of there own and after 8 years of production were only discontinued because they were replaced with an updated Squirt design in the Squirt PS4 and Squirt ES4.
- The jaws of the P4 have needlenose/regular pliers and a wire cutter with no hard wire notch and are spring loaded.
- Stainless steel frame with aluminum anodized scales on the handles.
Spring-action Needlenose Pliers
- All the tools are polished, the knife blade has a chisel grind.
- The Squirt sheath is more of a sleeve type sheath that come in black and grey.
- Length open = 4 inch/10.2 cm
- Length closed = 2.25 in | 5.75 cm
- Width closed = 0.75 inch/1.9 cm
- Thickness = 0.38 inch/1 cm
- Weight = 2 oz | 57 g
- Introduce in 2002. Made in the USA. Discontinued in 2010.
- The P4 has a few related tools, there is the Squirt E4 and Squirt S4 that both came out at the same time then there are the upgraded replacements for them the Squirt ES4 and the Squirt PS4. The Micra is first keychain tool Leatherman came out with so you can definitely call them related. The Style PS, Style CS and the Style are all similar to the Squirt line as well. They also have a very similar yet smaller handle/frame like the Juice series. The file is very similar to the Mini-Tool and Crunch.
- A strange little Squirt P4.... - in the Multitool.org forums
- Squirt P4/S4/E4 owners club - in the Multitool.org forums
- Squirt P4 Review at Multitool.org
- Squirt P4 at Leatherman Website