Based on the successful Suspension platform, the Tread was one of four new Gerber models introduced in 2007 that differed mainly in the style and geometry their handles. Being the only tool in this series with an onboard LED light and a partially serrated knife blade makes the Tread somewhat more unique than the others
The words GERBER and TREAD are cast into each face.
Due to a surprising number of spacers between individual knife blades, handles on the Tread are quite thick, a trait some users find undesirable.
- partially serrated knife blade with Wharnecliffe profile. Measures 2" long (51mm)
- Note that other Gerber multitools in this series feature plain edge knife blades, with thumbstuds for one hand opening.
- flat phillips screwdriver
- medium flathead screwdriver
- spring loaded scissors
Tabbed washers (a Gerber standard) are located between each blade, preventing blade "clumping."
- Length open= 6" (152mm)
- Length closed = 3-7/8" (100mm)
- Width closed = 1-7/8" (48mm)
- Thickness = 7/8" (22mm)
- Weight = 6.8 oz (194g)
Suspension, Crux, Method, and Resolve.
In 2008 the Evo and Ripstop were added to this list.