This 2018 version was a minor update on the Wave. Aside from adding a Plus to the name, the changes consist of an update plier head similar to the Surge with a crimper under the plier head and user replaceable 154cm wire cutters. All other tools remain the same. The sheath was updated to a premium nylon with a metal snap vs the previous Velcro for closure
Newly designed pliers that includes removable and replaceable 154-cm wirecutters, as well as electrical crimpers under the plier head.
This refresh retains the very complex handle with a series of bends that makes both halves of each handle a U shape that designed for comfort. It is available in both stainless steel with a polished finish. And Black Oxide
- -420HC Plain edge drop point main blade with One Hand open feature
- -420HC Serrated sheepsfoot blade with One Hand open feature
- -Metal/wood file with a diamond file on the reverse and a metal saw on the lower spine
- -Push/pull saw
- -Lanyard ring in the saw pocket
- Electrical crimper under plier head - NEW
- -Large bit holder with a #2 Phillips and 3/16 flat-head
- -Can opener w/ wire stripper
- -Large flat-head screwdriver
- -Small bit holder with eyeglass Phillips and flat-head
Features liner locks on all outside accessible tools, rocker locks on all inside tools.
- Optional removable pocket clip/quick release lanyard loop that utilize the rocker lock system.
- Ingenious mechanism that locks the knife blades while the pliers are deployed.
- 8"/19cm ruler on the inside handles
Premium Nylon with metal snap closure
- Length open = 6.25 in | 15.87 cm
- Length closed =4 in | 10 cm
- Width closed = 1.2 in | 3.05 cm
- Primary blade length= 2.9 in | 7.37 cm
- Thickness = 0.7 in | 1.78 cm
- Weight = 8.5 oz | 241 g
- Black Oxide
- Silver and Black
- Heritage with leather sheath
Descendant of the original 1998 and the 2004 update the Leatherman Wave Plus adds a few features, but keeps the legendary capabilities of it's predecessors . New for 2018, a new plier head with replaceable wirecutters, and an electrical crimper
The Charge plus is a similar upgrade to the Charge series with higher blade and scale materials, the Surge is a larger tool version of the Wave Plus that has outside opening scissors a blade ex-changer and inside has an awl. This is the third version of the Wave, the first Wave was retired in 2004, the "New" Wave was replaced in 2018 with the introduction of the Wave Plus.
URL FOR MULTITOOL.ORG FORUM DISCUSSION
MULTITOOL.ORG FORUM DISCUSSION
%] - in the Multitool.org forums
Review at Multitool.org