The Multi Tasker is not produced by Paul Chen Hanwei Knives, it is simply marketed by them. The same tool was originally imported and marketed by Fiskars as the Excalibur Multi-Snip. It was produced under the Gerber patent for sliding plier jaws. Quality of construction is excellent for a Chinese built tool.
- Multi Tasker jaws are tight enough to cut paper, yet built strongly enough to handle more demanding cutting jobs like cardstock, plastic blister pack material, and thin sheet metal.
- There is also a wire cutter notch located in near the pivot.
- Jaws are spring loaded.
- Using the patented Gerber system of sliding jaws, simply depress the two buttons on the handles and the jaws slide out and lock into position.
- Finish on the jaws is black oxide.
The word PROFESSIONAL is etched into one handle. Finish is highly polished stainless steel.
- Small folding pliers, spring loaded. 3" long (75mm)
- Plain edge knife blade, with:
- Drop point profile
- Outside opening (able to be used without extending the pliers)
- Thumb stud for one-hand opening
- Liner lock
- Measures 2-1/2" long (65mm)
- Combination can opener/small flathead screwdriver
- Combination bottle opener/medium flathead screwdriver
- Three-sided file blade (removeable)
- Saw blade
- Phillips screwdriver with square shank
- Length open= 6-1/2" (165mm)
- Length closed = 4-3/4" (120mm)
- Width closed = 1-3/8" (34mm)
- Thickness = 7/8" (22mm)
- Weight = 8.9 oz (251g)
Multi-Snip will fit into the Gerber MP600 frame in place of the plier jaws.