With the same mission in life as the original Pocketsmith, the Pocketsmith II boasts much improved construction and a classier look. Caspian Arms claims that everything a person needs to service their 1911-style automatic pistol is included in this one tool.
Pocketsmith only had one size cutout in the jaws, the improved Pocketsmith II has two different size cutouts, one on each side. Presumably this is for disassembling different types of pistols.
Also included on the plier jaws are a set of crisp serrations running out to the tips, for regular pliering duties. A wire cutter area is down near the pivot, with hard wire notch included.
Black plastic inserts are located near the base of each handle for comfort.
- plain-edge knife blade, hollow ground, 2.65" long (67mm)
- large flathead screwdriver
- medium flathead screwdriver
- small flathead screwdriver
- two-sided file blade, single and double hatch
- 3/32" allen wrench
- pin punch
- 5/32" allen wrench
- Length closed = 4.25" (106mm)
- Length open = 6.5" (165mm)
- Thickness = .75" (20mm)
- Weight = 9 oz (252g)